Class of 2019: 34 credits are required to graduate from Cheney High School.
Class of 2020 and beyond: 36 credits are required to graduate from Cheney High School.
In a student's four-year program of studies, they must successfully complete the following units of credit to graduate
from Cheney High School.
- 4 credits - Language Arts
- .5 credit - Oral Communications
- 3.5 credits- Social Studies (American History, World Studies, U.S. Government, and Current Events/Civics)
- 3 credits- Math (IMP I, IMP II, and IMP III)
- 3 credits- Science (Foundations of Physics, Biology & either Applied Science or Chemistry)
- 1 credit- Health & PE
- 1.5 credits- CTE (Career/Tech Ed)
- .5 credit- Consumer Personal Finance
- 1 credit- Fine Arts (art, music, etc.)
- 16 credits- Electives for 2019 graduates (18 elective credits for 2020 graduates and beyond)
Cheney High School requires that students attend 8 semesters of high school before being
eligible to graduate, unless otherwise approved by the Board.
|Valedictorian/Kansas Scholars Curriculum|